Monday, October 18, 2010

Meet my new best friend...

So, I have been searching for a camera bag for... too long. I could not justify myself to buy the famous photography bags that rule the market (I won't mention any names), because they seemed (a) scary looking and (b) extremely over priced. I have spent the last year and half make-shifting my bags by buying my own velcro and attempting to make something semi functional. Well that got old fast. I am happy to say that I have made my first wise decision in regards to photography. I have purchased a camera bag. And not just any camera bag, but the best one on the market (did I mention they are totally underpriced?). I discovered Porteen Gear through the artist network Etsy. The best thing about these bags is they are all handmade (though you would never know it). So without further ado, I present to you, my new best friend...

Isn't she wonderful?? She's a bohemian goddess... I'm pretty sure. I love the personalized pockets in the front...

and the fact that the ugly, yet essential clip is strategically placed on the inside of the bag flap... no one will even know its a camera bag folks...

Comfortably fits two lenses in addition to the center space which would be holding my camera and another lens. There is also room for an Ipad so I guess that means I need to get one??


Another great body shot...

Close up on the wonderful paisley-ish pattern...

And it comes with a wonderful little pouch perfect for backup batteries or other misc loose items...

So if you can't tell yet, I'm pretty stoked about my new bag. Don't be jealous though, you can buy one too :)

1 comment:

  1. your style is amazing. I've been a fan on FB for a while now, and funnily enough I saw that you just recently photographed my very close friend and her family while they were there in Maui! Your editing is amazing and brings such a unique quality to the photos. I hope to one day visit Maui and possibly have you photograph my family. I'm just starting out in this world (photography)... and like you have been searching for a bag, I've seen the Porteen bags and considered them for a while. I think you just helped solidify my decision. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent....
    and again, just have to say - LOVE the way you edit!

    ReplyDelete

Come on, leave a little love...