Tuesday, October 12, 2010

To blog or not to blog?

That is the real question. This blog has been used strictly as a photoblog, and those of you who follow, will know that I rarely write more than a line or two. Typically I write as little as I can get away with, while attempting to give the viewer enough information to appreciate the photos. But how much information is too much and how little is not enough?? Believe it or not, I actually quite enjoy to write. At least I did. I can't say I do it much anymore; more than likely because I am so consumed with the unspoken language that photographs continuously communicate with my soul. I mean who needs words when these still frames of life can capture so eloquently what words could never dare to capture? On the other hand, who needs the photograph when the writer has so positively defined every touch, every breath, every last drop of unspoken glory. When measured against one another, writing and photography both have equal power to entice, to excite, to imagine, to breathe... to know. They both can enrapture you in a world of their own, and make you long desperately to know more. I may, perhaps, use this blog to experiment a variety of writing styles. Or perhaps, I will continue to take the easy way out, holding dear to what I know and fleeing from those opportunities that expose my inner soul... those opportunities such as writing. And not just writing, but writing to an unknown audience. Whom shall my thoughts be revealed to today? Is it the accidental web surfer, the faithful encourager, the silent admirer, or is it simply myself? Perhaps the greater fear is not of openly revealing an intimacy through writing, but the fear that the revealing may go unnoticed. That words may fall on deaf ears, with no one to care of their fortune. Either way, today I felt the desire to write. Today I desire to capture more than a still frame, but a breath of my soul. Right or wrong, take it or leave it, I suppose this is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, leave a little love...