Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lara Jade Workshop: Day 1

I was so blessed to have the opportunity to partake in the lighting workshop of the incredibly talented Lara Jade. I came across Lara's work many years ago, which is crazy because she is only 21! Yes, she is THAT good. What first intrigued me about her work were her stunning self portraits. She actually inspired me in my own self portrait (with the scarf, which most of you are familiar with). Lara is a London based fashion photographer recently relocated to NYC. Her talent and unbelievable beauty and charm have paved a way for her to go down in history as one of the best. It was so awesome to have my first workshop with someone who has inspired me for years. And best of all, though others traveled from around the world, we got to welcome her on our little island of Maui.

A huge thank you to Matthew Alvarado for coordinating the event, Stephanie Sheveland for the use of her studio, Make-up artist Kahulani Davis, fashion producer Polly Cocilobo and models Uilani Davis & Brittney Baker.


Model: Uilani Davis




Model: Brittney Baker

And a few images I snuck of the STUNNING Lara Jade (and her great friend Kevin)

Thank you Lara for an amazing opportunity!


...Day 2 coming soon

6 comments:

  1. Aaaw Lara Looks so cute. Never seen this side of her before. She rarely smiles on pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best pics of the workshop I've seen yet. And great job on capturing Lara so flatteringly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! Lara was a doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 18, 2011

    Lara looks photoshoped

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 18, 2011

    Not saying she isint beautiful, but she looks too photoshoped. Thats just my opinion..

    ReplyDelete

Come on, leave a little love...